Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Priorities

In these days of high gas prices, war on terror, starving children in Iraqi orphanages, I know that all of us are very deeply concerned about how Paris Hilton is tolerating prison. I ask you - Does any body really give a damn how spoiled little Paris is getting thru her time-out for drunk driving? I can't be the only one tired of hearing about her on TV and radio.
Paris - GROW UP!
Now, Off my soapbox and on to more pleasant topics. The bribery socks are complete along with their miniature pals to go to the bereavement box at work. The hat was still on the needles when I took the picture and I was too lazy to go get it. It's a hat. Use your imagination. The confetti sox are started but since only the toe is done , I thought I'd spare you the photo. The Go-live of the new electronic medical record at work went surprisingly well. There were some glitches. There had to be. It's the Rock after all. But overall - Not nearly as painful as anticipated. Countdown to St Thomas - 8 more days!

4 comments:

theyarnwhisperer said...

I do so ever much like your wee socks for the bereavement box (imagine me saying all this with my fake British accent). Oh bother, I didn't mean for that first sentence to rhyme. Are the wee socks of the same pattern you gave me that day at work... only wee-er?
I want to go to the fiber fair thingy too. You know when I win the mega lottery I intend to go raise alpacas in that general vacinity. I mean afterall, I could be a lay midwife to alpacas after being a human labor and delivery nurse for 16 years, don't you think? And besides, alpacas are just soooo incredibly cute!!!! I should definately name one Hermione!!!!!

theyarnwhisperer said...

Speaking of priorities..... Have you been able to order your Harry Potter tickets yet?
I thought the movie was opening on the 13th and went to great lengths to trade with Jennifer Marble to have the date off.
I tried to order tickets for the 11th but couldn't get through.

Calicoknits said...

Ok, the sox are the pattern you gave me - in the remains of the bribery sock yarn - Cindy wore the sox Thursday & says they're great. Barb will tell me when she uses the wee bitty ones. I like to know when they go to their homes. You & Jim & your alpacas. He wants to get 50 acres & raise them too. I just want the yarn. MUST - GET - MORE - YARN. As for HP, I haven't tried for tickets. The 13th is Mo's B-day & the 14th is Brenna's b-day party. Since I delivered her the tradition is that I shall not miss a birthday. I am free later on Saturday if you want to meet.

theyarnwhisperer said...

Perhaps Jim and I need to go into raising Alpacas together and then you and Bit can do the yarn shop.
I'm still utterly confused as to when HP opens.
I like how the striping worked out on the week socks.