Friday, June 15, 2007

bipolar

To quote Mr Rogers " It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood". If you like bipolar weather. This morning was rainy and dreary and after sitting in godawful Conyers traffic for 30 minutes I finally made it home from helping teach a computer class . The sun is now shining brightly beckoning me to come freeze my big white tushy off in the pool. And I will soon oblige. But first I will ramble on about knitting. The second bribery sock is well under way - the heel will be turned before the afternoon is over as long as I don't get called in to work. And as soon as they are finished then I finally will get a pair for myself out of this cool confetti yarn.





This project will be going with me on vacation as small easy endeavors are best for travelling. Plus, the airlines don't wig out so much over little bitty sock knitting needles as they do over big, "I'm making a blanket large enough for a small third world nation" terrorist needles. Just fourteen more days til St Thomas. I'm thinking that Caribbean countries probably have little use for knitted items except maybe Rastafarian hats but before the week is over, I will KNOW if there are any yarn shops.More later.



More already ! AH & Larry went fishing recently. Please admire the lovely bass Larry caught. Notice Abby sitting next to her bowl. She was most disappointed. This is her looking disgusted about the whole situation.

1 comment:

theyarnwhisperer said...

The airlines themselves may not wig out over little bitty sock needles, but when I went to Seattle, I sat next to man who looked a lot like M. Night Shalymar who gave me a bit of a look at shifted ever so slightly closer to the window as my five dpns started moving up and down and around. I think he thought I was a secret ninja and my five little wooden friends were some sort of ninja weapon, designed to take out first class passengers in a swift and silent manner.