Saturday, June 23, 2007

On the record

I want to go on record as saying that Spirit airlines is the chintziest carrier that I have ever had the misfortune to do business with. Did you know that they charge you for luggage? What sort of airline, which takes people, presumably Away from where they generally keep their unmentionables, then charges them for the priviledge of taking some clean drawers along for the ride? I just don't get it. I would not be having this issue if the best airline on the planet flew to St Thomas . Airtran understands that most people feel friendlier and make better passengers when wearing clean underwear and they let you take some with you. Let's all boycott Spirit now. They put the LOW in low-cost carrier.
Now I'm sure the 2 or 3 people ( Hi Dad) who regularly read this blog are wondering what this has to do with the llama at the top of the page. Not a darn thing. Hermione is a llama ( not an alpaca) and she is here to make my friend Jose' happy. Now I am going to take Larry to get sheared . I mean , I am going to take Larry to get a haircut and try to find something to feed him for dinner. Adios.

3 comments:

theyarnwhisperer said...

Yes, of course the llama makes me happy (but you DO know that I am in love with alpacas.) I dug out my coveted misti alpaca yarn and made my whole family feel it last night after we went to see Evan Almighty. The alpacas were mentioned more than any other animal in the movie which made me very happy. The movie was great!!! I about peed on myself at a reference to Evan's wife liking his beard because she's a big Loggins and Messina fan. In fact, I started snorting uncontrollably and made an idiot out of myself and embarrassed my children greatly.) Since Esteban is the bearded one it was too close to home and was just too hilarious!!
I am however, put out with Esteban. The kids and I want to go see the midnight showing of HP (so is it opening on the 11th or the 13th?!) and he has boycotted such an endeaver. He wanted to incorporate Avery's birthday party with going to the movie and I told him that that wasn't going to fly. It was bad enough entertaining three children while camping out in front of the theater for an hour and a half just to get in the theater and that I wasn't going to do that with our three kids and 7 more of her friends. I guess the boycott of the midnight show is his rebuttle to my not wanting to take a hoard of children to HP on opening day.
Did you get your sock thing yet? I am anxiously awaiting the traced pattern so I can make my own polymer clay ones (like I don't have enough stuff to do already). Its the need for immediate gratification projects that propels me, though. The several sweaters that I am working on of my own design are going slow (I have to count a lot and absolutely cannot do it when children or husband is around). I'm going to make Nathan some toe-up socks as a quick project and another attempt to get the heel right before I plunge in to my toe-up leaf-and-acorn endeavor.
Oh... did I tell you that my size 1 colonial rosewood needles broke? Esteban did not understand the significance of this, but Bit did appropriately gasp when I told her. I ordered some more from Knitch and was so happy when I got a Knitch pacakge in the mail th next day, but it only contained the size 6 addi turbos I ordered with an invoice saying the size 1s were backordered. I was greatly depressed.
Ok, enough rambling. Enjoy St Thomas. I'm counting down the days to my adults-only trip with Steven to Orlando so we can regroup and remember why it is that we like each other again. After a week at the beach with all three of our evil children, we seem to have forgotten and got into a "well, it drives me nuts when you...." quarrel this morning.

Calicoknits said...

Jose, I just watched the trailer and the opening day is the 13th. We'll take Mo out to dinner and then I will be seeing the movie. Can't speak for the rest of the crew.

Calicoknits said...

Oh yeah Jose, The blockers are due to arrive by Thurs. I will be bitter and ranty if they don't. I gasp with horror over your broken rosewoods.