Saturday, June 2, 2007

Mo Graduates

The last post I promised a sunrise picture. I accidently deleted it so I had to substitute a sunset photo . If I hadn't fessed up would you have known the difference?



On June 1st Mo completed high school. Finally. And he looked pretty spiffy doing it

I'm told that successful parenting means working yourself out of a job as your kid moves into the adult world and actually manages to function without screwing up too much. We'll see how successful I am over the next few years as he takes off to serve in the Air Force. Mo's a man who knows what he wants even when he's not entirely sure how to go about getting it. I'm sure it will all come together eventually. The USAF is going to have a really fine biomed engineer one day. Mo - We're really proud of you. Now come home and mow the grass.

Now that school is over maybe there will time to finish some WIP's and start some new knitting. I'm off of yarn restriction and since my bud Sheri says that sock yarn doesn't count as stash, I've got some sweet stuff coming my way. The dreaded homespun is getting sent to ebay in a day or two and I see some Debbie Bliss in my future to replace it. The bribery socks in the new toe-up pattern are almost to the heel so I'm looking forward to seeing how they work out. I'm doing them in a blend by Bernat - I lost the ball band so I don't know exactly what the blend is. There is definitely some cat hair involved though. Gotta love those helpful kitties.

2 comments:

theyarnwhisperer said...

I dunno, Ramone. I think sock yarn can be a sneaky evil thing all in its own right. I found a pattern for a cabled trinity knot that actually belongs on a cap, but I've decided that I would like it much better on a sock. So, I am going to attempt to incorporate this pattern into a pair of toe-up socks. Its either that or pull a monkey out of my butt. I am not sure which of those two feats would be easier.

Calicoknits said...

I turned the heel on the bribery socks this afternoon. It's not quite as satisfying as a top down turn but I like the look more. I'll bring the pattern to work & you can copy it. If you do decide to yank a monkey from your arse I want to take pictures.