Tuesday, September 30, 2008

That's all

Am I the only one who hates to turn on the TV anymore? Between the political ads, the news coverage of the gas shortage in Georgia, and the talking heads spouting off about the economy, I am pretty sick of TV altogether. My iPod and I are logging some serious time together these days. I am happy to see new episodes of my favorite shows and with DVR I can skip those ugly commercials and just drool over David Boreanez in uninterrupted fashion. Life is good.
The political scene is ugly however. I have purposefully chosen not to be specific about my political opinions or beliefs in this forum. If you know me - you know what they are. My stance here is knit and let knit. Just because you like to knit cables and I don't doesn't make me a bad person or you a good one. We're just different and it takes all of us to make this spinning wheel spin.
With the election looming, I will say this. I truly wish a candidate would emerge that would cause all of us to smack ourselves in the forehead and say " Oh, Of course! THAT's who we need as president." Since it appears that That ain't gonna happen - I'll just say that I am afraid. Very afraid of the direction in which this country is going. And in the words of my hero, Forrest Gump. "That's all I have to say about that."

1 comment:

theyarnwhisperer said...

I personally think Morgan Freeman should just step up to the plate. He was the president in Deep Impact and he got us through an asteroid hitting the earth and demolishing a great bit of human civilization. Nathan actually thought that Morgan Freeman had truly run for president before he made the movie. I think Steve Carrell would be another great candidate. Of course, there's always Ed Begley, Jr.