Saturday, September 20, 2008

Home again



What a great week in the sunshine but I am soooo glad to be home. I have so much that I want to blog about and no idea where to begin. I am studiously avoiding watching any more of the Tennessee/Florida game since it is quite depressing here at half-time. So, I have elected to write instead. I guess since this is supposedly a knitting blog I'll start with the fact that Knit Wits was open in Key West for the first time ever in all my years of visiting there. Have I mentioned that they close in honor of hurricane season and that is when I usually go there? Anyway - they were open and I was happy and celebrated with a lovely ball of Colinette jitterbug in gorgeous fall colors. Turns out this was my biggest purchase all week. Not a lot of knitting was accomplished this week though I did make some headway on the baby surprise jacket. Look at how lovely the only yarn shop in the keys is.


I finished reading Rhett Butler's people and was pleasantly surprised by it. The other book on my vacation reading list " Where the river ends" by Charles Martin is about 2/3 finished and I am having trouble putting it down. It has made me laugh and cry so it passes the test of " good book "
Other than reading and a precious little knitting - I did virtually nothing all week but enjoy the gorgeous weather and try to capture a little of the beauty that is the Caribbean to share with all of you. It is without a doubt my favourite place on the planet and has only 2 faults that I'm aware of. A dearth of yarn stores and the dreaded hurricane season.


I hope you have all had a wonderful week. One more day to catch up all the laundry and housework then... Back to work. Sigh.

No comments: