Monday, March 17, 2008

Erin go Bragh!

And happy St Patrick's day to all. Lots of little Irish ( and some not so Irish) kids born at the Rock today. I was blessed with antepartums and hit the trifecta. One singleton pregnancy, one set of twins, One of triplets. Delightful patients all but they made me tired. And I left work late so no work-out either. Oh well. I'll just have to make up for it tomorrow.
The kitchen remodel is progressing nicely. The ceiling is painted and new light fixtures installed by AH. Cabinets have been scrubbed, wallpaper peeled and a little painting done there. I think it's going to look good. It's hard to tell sometimes when you start a project exactly how it's going to turn out. But so far so good. Pics will come when the changes are more apparent. Can't wait for the new countertops - or maybe I just really HATE the old ones.
I've been knitting on a new pair of socs - temptation top down by Wendy Johnson I like the pattern so far and Love the yarn. Claudia Handpaints in blue terracotta. Delicious. I also cast on a doggie sweater for the kids dachshund. If he's going to North Dakota he needs a sweater. And just to keep things challenging I threw yet another sock on the needles out of some Panda cotton that's been hanging around for a while.
I get to take Elvis to get his emissions test done tomorrow. He always passes with flying colors so maybe I'll get him an oil change when he's finished. Then it's off to a going out of business sale to look for a new breakfast table. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

theyarnwhisperer said...

It sounds like me and my throbbing head were probably better off staying home if there was a plethora of babies enthusiastic to be born on St Patty's day. I spent the day hopped up on Fioricet and Phenergan.... a lovely combination.
Who is going out of business? We are in bad need of a new table ourselves. The chairs are quite literally coming apart.