Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spiders & Snakes

It is officially snake season at Chez Feline with the first sighting a couple of days ago and then again earlier today. Thankfully we have not ( so far) seen any copperheads and our only visitor is a curious black racer who seems intent on checking out the pool facilities. You'd have thought that I had cried WITCH in old Salem, Mass the way Larry & AH came running with pitchforks and shovels. I don't ask for ID when I spot a snake, you see. If it has no legs and a forky tongue, I become a stereotypical female and call my big strong men to come take care of it. The summer snake hunts of past years are becoming somewhat legendary and two of our closest neighbors have visited recently to see if we had had any sightings of copperheads as we have had to kill several of them ( snakes not neighbors)in the last eight years.
I've got nada on spiders but the wedding socks are black and they are almost done. My next sock project is waiting in the wings with yarn and pattern at the ready. The pattern is "Francie" and I am really looking forward to it. It is very tree of lifey and I'm hoping that the soft green Shibui yarn will do it justice. Speaking of yarn - I am going to get out my ball-winder and wind up my yarn as a little added encouragement to finish up my current projects and move on.

2 comments:

Knit Witch said...

Well I don't see your picture to prove it lady! And...........you shouldn't kill snakes!!!!! They keep out the varmints!

theyarnwhisperer said...

You should probably go see Mama Mia. Yummy shirtless greek boys dancing around. You know how we like our greek boys.