Sunday, September 23, 2007

KIP


I love September. It is my most favorite month. The family and I just returned from a short holiday. Larry was most embarrassed by my propensity for knitting in public (KIP) Probably because because I did a lot of it. But I wasn't the only one. See this nice lady on the cruise ship ?She was making a pretty burgundy sock. I found a crocheter on the pool deck but alas had no place for my camera in my swimsuit so no pic. I visited a very pretty yarn shop in Key West but they were closed. Knit Wits - Please forgive the nose prints on your door. I like your shop very much. Can I come inside next time? Even though you are dog people I think we can get along. Trust me - I will be back. I had a lovely holiday and since I got a bit sunburned ( again, I know- You'd think I'd learn) I had some "inside" time. This is what I accomplished.You guessed it. A sweater for a one-armed member of the lollipop guild. Actually the last sleeve is awaiting completion and then all that's left is the neckline & button/buttonhole bands. The sock is for my darlin daughter-in-law to be. It is made of Trekking XXL and I love the heathery rose color. They will look great with jeans. The dark brown background is the ever helpful Snoopy doing yoga. This is his downward dog pose.
And since no blog post is complete without lots of eye candy - I'll show you a few shots of Key West, Cozumel, and Playa del Carmen. I think God was just showing off when he made these places. Gorgeous.


1 comment:

theyarnwhisperer said...

I love the colors in the sweater for the one armed member of the lollipop guid! What yarn did you use? Since I have both my arms and yesterday Bit had both of her arms, does this mean that its for Donnie and he has recently lost an arm without me knowing?
Thank goodness I'm not working today. It was actually a pleasant weekend at the rock, but I've started the bleevin thing today (which you no longer do and I hate you for) and have all the lovely miseries that come along with it so I am sequestering myself to my bed with analgesics, yarn, and needles (the analgesics will have to be OTC since God knows what I would come up with on the influence of narcotics). I may get dressed though to go see my boyfriend who shares the same name as I and let him make me a burrito. However, if I do, I will promptly return home afterwards and put me jammies back on.
I heard and interview on the radio with Daniel Radcliffe on the way home Saturday evening and he has a different accent when he's not Harry Potter. Cockney, I think. I wonder if he has a different accent still when he's doing his naked stuff in theater.