Sunday, September 9, 2007

9-9- whatever

Today is my birthday and I have had an absolutely delightful weekend. I worked Friday and was tormented by my co-workers as this is a "milestone" birthday. Thank you one and all - and kindly remember that revenge is sweet. Yesterday my darlin Kenny came to town to see me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Isn't he pretty?

The show was awesome. Here is a pic of me and the AH early in the evening. Later pics are not
so flattering.
.This is the sunset over Lakewood amphitheater. I know it's called Hi-Fi Buys amphitheater now but I grew up in Atlanta and some places are just gonna get called by their original names no matter what. And you can rename Stewart Ave., Metropolitan Blvd all you want to. It's still where the prostitutes hang out. Some things won't change. My Vols beat So.Miss last night and UGA lost. Kenny is a Vols fan. of course. The Pride of the Southland band was busy last night but the Ga Tech marching band showed up to play along, as did Uncle Kracker and Joe Walsh. And today the AH & Larry took me out to lunch at one of my favorite places and when we came home AH produced some serious bling in the form of bracelet and earrings. I especially love the bracelet. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but the design is very much like two rows of knit stitch. I'm a lucky girl. What a sweet hubby. Tomorrow I get to take the dog to the vet. Darn reality intruding on my idyllic weekend. But after that I'm going to Knitch to fondle the goods and maybe bring home just a little. Have a great week.

4 comments:

theyarnwhisperer said...

Happy birthday to you. You will now rapidly lose all your brain cells, never to return.
When do you work this week so I'll know when to bring the birthday goods?

The Finer Skeins in Life said...

Happy Birthday chick!!! Glad to see you had such a great b-day weekend and that Mr. Chesney is all that we knew he would be. See you this week-gift to come!

Anonymous said...

Kel - You look like your Mom in that pic w/ Jim
I am very impressed that Kenny came to see you - doesn't really surprise me - he obviously has excellent taste! Take care &
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
Love-
Pam

theyarnwhisperer said...

I seriously thought I was going to do the Yarn Harlot thing alone and then Bit called at like 11am on her way back from Tennessee and wanted to know if I wanted to hook up. I forgot my Steph books and neither of us brought a camera. We were a sad pair.