Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm Back

Triage : A french word meaning "Where the hell did all these patients come from, and how do I make them go away?" It has been a long and extremely busy week both at work and home. I am very grateful to have had a couple of days off to do nothing but read the last Harry Potter book. A few loads of laundry and a very little housework got accomplished too, but I have just read the last page. I won't be a spoiler for those of you who haven't finished yet but I can't deny that a few tears were shed as I read this one, just as they were at the end of book six. J.K. Rowling will certainly have a place in history for writing this series.
Now, since this is a knitting blog and I haven't written much about knitting lately, I will try to catch up. The confetti socks are almost finished. Just a little ribbing required on the second one and I will be casting off. Then, in keeping with my cast-off, cast-on rule, I will be starting a Booga bag with Noro Kureyon colorway #214. Am I the only one who wonders why the Japanese yarns don't have names? And also since I like to keep a pair of socks on the needles for knitting on the go I have some new Crystal palace Panda cotton which is a bamboo blend. The skein is so soft, I can't wait to see how it works up. And the name of the colorway is awesome - chocolate almond. And as if that isn't enough - I've got a baby cardigan and a baby surprise sweater waiting in the wings. I hope someone I know gets pregnant soon or I'm going to feel foolish about these projects.
And even more good news, Stephanie Pearl McPhee is coming to Atlanta in September. Her blog is a delight to read as are her books so I am very anxious to see her in person. But for now, I will go and visit with Mo & Larry if I can get their noses out of their copies of The Deathly Hallows. Here's a pic of the elusive Mama Kitty to tide you over til next time.

1 comment:

theyarnwhisperer said...

I know you're going to be really upset with me, but...... somehow on that last day that I worked before I went to Florida, I misplaced the traced sock blocker. Is there any way I can persuade you to make another for me? Pretty please?