Friday, July 13, 2007

7-13-89

On this day 18 years ago Mo entered the world and just three months later he was this fat happy little ham who slept through the night. I guess he finally realized that Mom is not too interesting in the middle of the night and might be more fun in the daytime if she slept at night. I think he stayed up because he was so dang nosy and was afraid he'd miss out on something. That's my boy - he never wants to miss out on anything that might be fun. And before we knew it he turned into this handsome little guy in the Magnum PI shirt who was charming all the ladies at preschool.

And he grew some more and grabbed life with both hands. He wanted to try everything and do everything. He tried to make his little brother throw up on the teacup ride at Disney. Didn't work but it was fun to watch. He tried snorkeling and karate and indoor skydiving and escargot. He tried to drive his parents crazy. That one worked most of the time.














And since today is such a milestone birthday I'm going to be embarrasssingly sappy and steal the words to a very pretty song to express my wishes for you. Happy birthday son. I love you.

"It's only for a moment you were mine to hold.
The plans that heaven has for you will all too soon unfold.
So many different prayers I'll pray for all that you might do.
But most of all I want to know you're walking in the truth.
And if I never told you I want you to know
As I watch you grow.

I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams.
And that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things.
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots and help you find your wings"






2 comments:

theyarnwhisperer said...

where's the really cool boardwalk?

theyarnwhisperer said...

Oh. I put you down as a resource person for the antes in case they have any knitting questions. I can't be there ALL the dang time, even if it is for knitting questions.
I think I need to go around to all the hospitals and be like a knit consultant for the antes. Teach them all how to knit so they'll have something to do and help keep the antepartum psychosis at bay.