Friday, October 24, 2008

Rainy day in Georgia

There are few things better than a cold rainy day when I don't have to go anywhere at all. I am sitting in my house in my comfy flannel pants and slippers. I don't have to put on make-up or shoes or fix my hair. I am a happy girl.
My very least favorite co-worker had her last day at work yesterday so I don't ever have to stay late to write her up again. Hopefully her absence will ease some of the tensions in my workplace. Again - Happy girl.
I've been busy with holiday gift knitting and have run into a bit of a snag. It's not a good one either. I am going to run short of yarn for not just one but two projects. So I am searching the innerwebs for these items. I am confident that I will be able to find them but will likely have to spend more than I want. Also my sweet Mo has asked for socks made from a specific yarn that was once plentiful and cheap and easy to find. Not so much anymore. So that makes three yarns I am on a quest for. And I have to spend some time with my friends the Wireless company today to straighten out a billing issue. Still - a mostly happy girl.
My buddy Laurie loves her some Dallas Raines so I just had to show you his East Coast counterpart. Not everyone can pull off the fake-bake/spray-on tan and bad toupe` but my boy Matt Towery can. I couldn't find just a photo so check out this link. Matt Towery
And when you finish giggling think some dry warm thoughts for my friends Lisa B, Lisa H, Lisa M,and Patty who are walking in the Breast Cancer Three-day this weekend. Hiking 60 miles in three days is an accomplishment but doing it in the rain and cold is heroism. Way to go ladies!




No comments: