Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm back

It has been a busy few weeks at Chez Feline with the end of school and work drama and what have you. I am writing this from my parent's house in Johnson City, Tennessee where Larry and I are having a bit of vacay and checking on DOD who had a bit of surgery on Friday. I was very happy to learn that there is a LYS just moments away from their house THAT THEY DIDN"T EVEN KNOW ABOUT!. How can this be? They lived on the same street! Pictures and links to follow in the next post. Dad's puter doesn't talk to my camera. Many thanks to the lovely Marsha who sweetly directed me to the sale yarn upstairs and let me fondle the new Cherry Tree Hill Possum line. You read that correctly. CTH wants us to knit with possum. Hey this is Tennessee after all. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the texture ( similar to alpaca) and carried 2 hanks around for quite a while with thought of purchase before I was lured away by some Meilenweise in a rich brown colorway. I also stumbled on some very nice artyarns sock yarn that needed a ride home. AH was pleased that my yarn finds were bargains and was even happier that Yarntiques will be closed for the remainder of my visit. Sort of like he pretends to be supportive when we go to Key West and Knitwits is closed. I'll be all sad, pressing my nose on the windows and he says " Maybe they'll be open next year" We go to Key West the SAME week every year. Warlock - can you give the man some lessons?

2 comments:

Knit Witch said...

Uh oh - the warlock has been summoned!!!

What gives?? I haven't heard from Jose in a while!

theyarnwhisperer said...

I thought Steven was going to give birth to his own litter of kittens when whilst on holiday, I went through my preprogrammed numbers on my phone, found Knitch, called them up and ordered a size 13 32" addi turbo to be at my doorstep when we arrived home so I could continue knitting the sweater I was working on, told them to throw in a size 3 addi turbo that I was needing and the proceeded to give them my credit card number by memory. I tried to divert his attention afterwards by asking him if he wouldn't like me to make him a nice soft toasty sweater out of the same yarn I was using for my sweater. The Bernat alpaca blends has actually been knitting up beautifully for my williamsro sweater. I keep petting it. I may have to name it. I had started the hubster a sweater of my own design but the wretch has lost weight since he's been following a diabetic diet and now its too big for him. You gotta hate men. They alter their diet a little bit and they lose 20 pounds. I alter my diet a little bit and I'm lucky if I will diurese from ankles. Life is so unfair.