Monday, December 10, 2007

Quick!

Hide all the chocolate in my mouth. It's been a bit since I've posted - Again. It's cause I've been busy - Still. Duh, It's the holidays. Everyone is running around like crazy folk trying to get everything done so they can have the " Norman Rockwell perfect Christmas". Which I personally think doesn't exist but it doesn't mean you don't have a great time trying. I spent Sunday with my extended family in Tennessee - always a hoot. Larry & I tried to count the Christmas trees in Pam's house - We gave up after 17. She is WAY into Christmas ( in a good way) I particularly liked the lighthouse tree in the bathroom. I got my focus back and finished the socks for a very special person. I will definitely being making some more in the feather & fan pattern. It turned out very nicely and I'm really glad they don't fit me cause I want them. I also started a sweater for another someone special and fell in love with the yarn. I've been petting it ever since it came in the mail but it is truly lovely to work with. Dream in color - classy is awesome. Must. Have. More.
Poor Mo is freezing his tushy off in Texas. He is stationed close to Oklahoma and they are getting lots of ice and winter weather. Unlike Atlanta which is experiencing Spring . It was 76 degrees here today. I sat on the back deck with kitties frolicking about my feet and napped in the sunshine. Bad news on the kitty front - Mama is chubbibg up again. Anyone want kittens? Please say yes.

4 comments:

Knit Witch said...

Kittens?!?! Hmmmm......sounds like she needs a visit to the friendly spaying clinic after this one! Yikes!

I like the feather and fan socks too - I need to make some!!!

And, YEAH, swatching is for weenies!! Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kel!
Glad you had a good time Sunday - only wish we had had more time to visit.
For the record - There are 23 lighted trees!. I had to count them in my head when I read your blog.
If you count the ones outside there are 4 more + 4 lighted wreaths, and a few others decorated from the factory!! I LOVE Christmas - you one can never have to much Christmas - in my opinion. Hope to see ya soon KUZIN
Love - Pam

theyarnwhisperer said...

I personally am very irritated by the 76 degree Christmas season we are having. I had to turn on the a/c on Saturday. The upside to it, though, is that Steven and I slept on the hanging futon on the back porch last night and that always makes for some good sleep. I had the most wonderful dream about an Arabian prince. Mmmmmmmmmm.
I finished Steven's mom's shawl aside from sewing on the buttons, but its the only thing I've gotten done. Poor Nathan is patiently waiting for his socks which I intend to make my next project. Then Kristie had to go get knocked up again so now I have to do another baby sweater for her. It would have helped if she would have found out she was pregnant before 20 weeks!!!!!!

Heather said...

Hey,
I'm knitting... or trying to from my home in MCDonough. Cool to know there a community of knit bloggers that are local.