Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey

Ooooh, I'm such a slacker. It's been a while since I posted last and I have no good excuse. Oh well. I'm going to chalk it up to getting ready for the holidays as well as a myriad of other minor disasters that while not particularly dramatic were rather time-consuming.
Work as always is a disaster in progress and I'm seeking alternate methods of obtaining income that do not involve receiving hate mail daily. I hit a deer last week on my way to work and crunched my poor Elvis' nose so getting him some plastic surgery has been on the agenda. Poor Forrest got in a scuffle and had a ginormous abscess on his neck that had to be drained and since he was visiting the vet - we made sure he wouldn't bring home any MORE kids. He is most disgruntled but we're bribing him with little friskies turkey & giblets to love us again. What exactly is a "giblet" by the way? Does anyone know?
Thanksgiving was celebrated on Wednesday evening at Chez feline due to other obligations. We enjoyed Turkey, dressing, and all the fixins. Then I started cooking all over again to take food out on Thursday. T-day itself was not bad. I had good company and no drama. I even got to knit a little. Feather & fan sock #2 now has a toe but I'm going to have to speed up if I expect to finish in time.
Today, I'm staying home and watching all the lunatics who think it's fun to shop on Black Friday. I usually have all my shopping done by today and spend this weekend putting up all the Christmas stuff. Have I mentioned that I'm a slacker? I'm going to go drag Larry out of bed and get busy. Hope everyone had a great Turkey day. I'm thankful for more stuff than I deserve and wish the same for you.

1 comment:

Knit Witch said...

AMEN to those crazies out there shopping on Black Friday. What is wrong with people?? Getting up at 4am to go shopping......ughhh.....

I have done very little Christmas shopping. Wayne and I are considering ditching Christmas all together this year and going to work in a soup kitchen for the day. We get kinda sick of all the Christmas craziness......