Friday, January 23, 2009

Punk'd

I received a phone call at work yesterday that made me absolutely positive I was being punk'd. Then I realized I wasn't. It was not to be believed so here is the transcript.
My beautiful secretary Natasha answers the phone. There is a long silence followed by a confused look. Then she puts the caller on hold and calls me to the phone.

Caller: I need to talk to someone about getting my wife pregnant.

Me: You do realize you've called Labor and delivery, right sir? ( thinking what radio station is doing prank calls?)

Caller: Yeah, but who do I need to talk to? I need to get my wife pregnant.

Me: Sir, You've got to accomplish the deed before you need my services.( Giving Tasha a dirty look)

Caller: Yeah, See, my wife can still tote a baby but she got her tubes cut, tied and burnt so we gotta get somebody to do that thing where they take a needle and get some of me and put it with some of her in a test tube and then put it up in her to grow.

Me: So you need to see a doctor about reversing her tubal ligation?

Caller: They can do that?

Me: Yes, they can do that. (Oh God, you must love stupid people - there are so many of them)

Caller: So who do I need to call?

Me: You need to consult the phone book and find a doctor near you who does this procedure. ( Please don't let him live in Conyers)

Caller: I'm in McDonough can't you recommend somebody in McDonough?

Me: ( Sweet Jesus- I live in McDonough) Sir, This hospital is in Conyers. Our doctors don't practice in McDonough.

Caller: Yeah but that's only like 10 miles from where I'm at.

Me: Sir, I don't know where you are. But you'll have to find a doctor who does this surgery and talk to them about getting your wife pregnant.

Caller: So you can't recommend somebody?

Me. No Sir.

Long pause.

Caller: Well, Thank you. ( hangs up)

You just can't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

Knit Witch said...

Ah yes.........the world of nursing is sooooooooooo fun.