Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hail, Fire, & Dangnation

My Karma has run over my dogma and I live in a world where nothing, let me repeat, nothing can be easy. I was getting ready to go to Elly Mae's graduation last night and I hear a thudding sound on the roof. I look out to see this. Hoardes of hail stones big and small pelting the house. As I watched the hail I saw something lying on the table on my back deck. It was my book that only an hour earlier I had been peacefully reading in the sunshine. Book is drying out but will never be the same

And here is my lovely daughter-in-law to be in her cap & gown. Sadly even after AH found the correct setting on the camera the pics of her receiving her diploma are not so great. They pretty much look like a white blur. But we were proud all the same. Yea Elly Mae!.

Graduation was quite entertaining with dueling salutatorians - One of whom was a goody-two-shoes, the other a getting-her-act-together single mom. Guess which one I liked best? They were followed by a valedictorian who apparently thought she was receiving an Academy Award because she thanked everyone on the planet, individually and ad nauseum. I picked up my knitting and turned a heel on the sock while she yammered. Storms had threatened all through-out the ceremony and we left to a spectacular lightning show that I directed ( Ask Larry about my talent) all the way home.
And dangnation comes in the form of my job, that I do not love right now, and the pool, which persists in being an unattractive shade of green. AH has complained that I do not exert myself enough in the maintaining of the pool so in an effort to rectify that ( Yes AH is right - don't tell him K?) I enlisted Larry's help in a clean up project. This has backfired on me most stunningly and I will now have to confess to screwing up and making MORE work for the sweet hubster. Yea me.

2 comments:

theyarnwhisperer said...

Went in to work on the schedule today and although finishing it up was not as much of a pain in the arse as I was expecting, one of my headaches started coming on about an hour before I left. I popped one of the "good drugs", but the headache worsened. I ended up taking more "good drugs" AND some phenergan when I got home. I then proceeded to remain immobile on my bed so as not to add to the nausea and pain. This was very unsuccessful as I had a fluffy kitty stomping the hell out of my boobs. As I lay there I was thinking of offers I could make Steven so that I could just quit work all together. Thoughts of "How much oral sex would it take..." and "What if I promised to scrub the toilet every day... with a toothbrush?", "What if I promised not to gripe about clothes on the floor and not making the bed?"
I don't think he'll go for it. Pole dancing is looking very tempting, let me tell you.
Congrats to the FDIL. When is the date supposed to be again?

theyarnwhisperer said...

You know, I AM The card-carrying karma girl. I KNOW about karma, girlfriend.